OUR STORY AND JOURNEY
Ten years ago, as Simon and Anneke Taal were serving as part of Youth with A Mission Durban leadership with Wilson and Grace. During a
It started off with just praying for the sick and preaching the gospel. Feeding the poor and needy with vegetables on a Tuesday. In their vision, a church community should be at the centre of missional work. This combination of establishing a church family and serving the needs of the people in the township was the beginning of Children of Destiny at Home Today Children of Destiny has a church gathering of several hundred’s people and running nine community service ministries/projects:
- CODAH Home Base Care– taking care of terminally ill people in their homes / HIV/AIDS Counselling Support – HIV/AID bearers are rejected, we offer support
- CODAH Community Computer Training– computer skill training free of charge for young and old
- CODAH Vegetable Gardening Training– help families develop vegetable gardens at their own homes
- CODAH Fashioned Designs and Sewing Classes– train sewing skills and create products for sale
- DIGNITY CENTRE– Teenage Pregnancy Awareness Campaigns, bring awareness and sex education, counselling and pregnancy prevention for teenagers
- CODAH Feed My People Bakery– Providing bread every day to the poor
- CODAH FEEDING AND DONATIONS – CODAH is dedicated to helping needy and vulnerable children and families.
- CHURCH – DISCIPLESHIP OUTREACH PROGRAM – HOUSE OF PRAYER ON FRIDAYS
- CODAH CASH FOR TRASH – to empower the young and old to put bread on their table through picking up trash and get cash.